New Works by New Mexico's Composers
CALL FOR COMPOSITIONS
The Santa Fe Community Orchestra is seeking new and recent works by composers from New Mexico for its New Works by New Mexico's Composers program. The orchestra will present two evenings of readings during the 2017-2018 season. The readings will take place on two Friday evenings, January 19th and February 16th from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. in the James A. Little Theater located on the campus of the New Mexico School for the Deaf.
Participation in the program is free, and the public is invited to attend the readings. Compositions selected for presentation will be presented in an open rehearsal format on one of the dates above. These compositions will not have been rehearsed prior to the date of the reading session.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Composers should be past or current New Mexico residents.
- Contact the SFCO, or send materials to: email@example.com or to the mailing address below.
- A computer-generated score is preferred. Illegible scores will not be considered.
- Please include a recording or sound file in MP3 format.
- Please include a cover letter and a brief CV or resume including phone and e-mail info.
- Do not send parts at this time. If your score is accepted, a full set of parts must be provided one week in advance of the reading.
Shortly after the receipt of your materials you will be contacted by the SFCO’s Music Director.
- The SFCO cannot guarantee that all submissions will be presented.
- The SFCO may read a composition in its entirety or may select excerpts from a work.
- Preliminary or post-performance critiques of submissions will not be provided.
- The reading sessions will not be recorded by the SFCO.
- Composers and audience members may not record the reading sessions.
- Scores and recordings will be returned only if such return is requested in writing and a return envelope with sufficient postage is provided.
Thank you for your interest. We're looking forward to hearing your work!
For more information call (505) 466-4879 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is made possible by a generous grant from The Mill Foundation and is funded in part by New Mexico Arts, a division of the Office of Cultural Affairs, and the National Endowment for the Arts.